Online booking is quickly becoming the new standard across numerous appointment-based industries. This includes the beauty industry (salons, etc.), the health and medical field (massage therapists and psychologists, to name a few) as well as various professional services such as auto mechanics.
With a large percentage of bookings happening after traditional business hours (more on this to come), online booking software effectively keeps businesses open 24/7 while providing customers with the convenience they demand in today’s world.
This is exactly why your digital storefront is so important.
At the heart of online booking, though, is that it’s designed to make business owners’ lives easier through automation. In fact, scheduling software reduces up to seven hours in administrative tasks every week. This happens through automated appointment reminders (which also reduce no-shows) as well as automated, digital forms and payment processing.
With this in mind, here are some 2021 online booking statistics that reflect the shift toward self-made bookings.
2021 Online Booking Statistics
The following figures from 2021 are analyzed within the context of a six-month period between March 2021 and September 2021.
- More than one-quarter (26.3%) of bookings are made online (Yocale, 2021).
- 23.5% of online bookings are made on the weekends (Yocale, 2021).
- Appointments made online are 14.3% less likely to lead to a no-show (Yocale, 2021). Yocale has found this figure to be closer to 86% when studied over a larger period of time.
- Online booking results in 26% more NEW clients (Yocale, 2021).
- Clients who book online average 2.4 services in six months (Yocale, 2021).
- Online booking is associated with an average client invoice amount of $ 125.30 (Yocale, 2021).
- Clients are most likely to make appointments on Fridays (Yocale, 2021).
- The most popular online booking times are after hours at 5 pm, 6 pm and 7 pm (Yocale, 2021).
- The most popular booking window is after hours, between 6 pm and midnight (Yocale, 2021).
- Online scheduling software typically results in fully booked schedules (Yocale).
- Clients who utilize online booking with the Reserve with Google integration typically see a 64% increase in new bookings (Yocale).
- The use of rebooking reminders (and recurring appointments) leads to a 30% increase in repeat bookings (Yocale).
- After-hours bookings are responsible for a 43% increase in bookings (Yocale).
- Online booking software reduces seven hours of administrative tasks every week (Yocale).
- Text reminders reduced (outpatient radiology) no-show rates by 74.5% (Journal of the American College of Radiology, 2017).
- Untact services are becoming widespread in various areas of daily life, including the use of online order systems for a variety of services and products (Service Business, 2019).
- Text message reminders are an effective way to promote improved patient appointment and medical compliance (Internet Interventions, 2018).