Last updated on November 24, 2015.
1. Entities and this Policy
2. Consent and Information Collection
3. Use of Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the features and functionality of the Website, including without limitation, to (i) search and find Businesses and Providers in your local community; and (ii) engage with, schedule appointments with, and rate, review and rank the Business or Provider.
- To create, manage, and control your account information, and to verify access rights to the Website.
- To monitor your use of the Website.
- To provide your personal information to the Business or Provider to whom you consent your personal information to be provided in connection with the services to be provided to you by such Business or Provider.
- To communicate with you, including without limitation for the purpose of providing you with information about the Website and the features and functionality thereof, or informing you of changes or additions to the Website or of the availability of any other services or features we provide.
- To protect against fraud or error, and to respond to claims of any violation of our rights or those of any third parties.
- To respond to your requests for customer service.
- To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of you, us, our users, and the public.
- For our internal business purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits, to develop new programs, to enhance our websites, to improve our programs and services, to identify usage trends, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- As required or authorized by law; and
- Other purposes consented to by you.
You also may provide personal information to be transmitted to other users of the Website or service providers (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are published or displayed on the Website and are transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
Yocale may disclose an individual’s personal information to others in connection with the purpose for which it was collected, as consented to by the individual, or as required or permitted by law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, examples of where your personal information may be disclosed include:
- We may share your personal information when you find Businesses or Providers through the features and functionality of the Website and schedule appointments with the Business or Provider.
- We may share your personal information with Businesses or Providers or other users of the Website when you access features of the Website that enable you to contact Businesses or Providers or other users with respect to a search for certain services.
- We may share your personal information with certain hosting providers, printers, vendors, consultants, and credit card or payment processing companies (“Other Service Providers”). When we engage other Businesses or Providers who manage personal information on our behalf and/or perform services on our behalf, such as hosting content, conducting surveys, sending communications, processing payments, or helping prevent fraudulent transactions, we may share your personal information with such other Businesses or Providers under the requirement that such personal information is used only to provide services to us.
Yocale is not responsible for the actions of any independent third parties you may choose to engage with directly, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties.
5. Rights to Your Information
We strive to ensure that any personal information we retain and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which we will use it. If our records regarding your personal information are inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend that information at your request.
6. Aggregated Data
We may also use your personal information and Website usage statistics to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying customers or users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
8. Cookies and Log Files
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or functionality of our Website.
9. Change of Ownership or Business Transition
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air, is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available. Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Website. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any personal information provided in connection with the use of the Website. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Website. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Website, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Website. We cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of others.
Privacy and Information Services
Yocale Network Corporation
130 – 889 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V7P 3S1
Phone: 1-855-9-YOCALE (962253)
Copyright © 2015 Yocale Network Corporation. All Rights Reserved.